1. Tall, slim (not conspicuously thin) women with narrow pelvices dark hair, yellow complexion and characteristic “saddle” ; “washerwoman’s remedy”.
2. Marked indifference even to family ; no enjoyment in life ; sits and say, nothing ; occasional fits of temper, then spiteful, obstinate and touchy. Melancholy, inspired by proud, stoical self-pity ; < consolation and company ; dreads meeting friends especially men ; lachrymose, weeps when detailing symptoms ; anxiety and fear about real and imaginary evils so dreads being quite alone : disinclination to mental and physical labour.
3. Hypersensitiveness to external stimuli especially noise and music ; often causes the irritability.
4. Atony of digestive organs ; sinking feeling at about 11 a.m. not > eating ; nausea at the smell of food ; hates fats, likes acids and pungent things ; < milk ; constipation from inactivity of rectum ; with protruding piles.
5. Atony of female pelvic organs ; irregular menses of nearly every form ; great pressure and bearing down, must cross legs to prevent protrusion ; char. headache, extreme exhaustion and faintness in a.m.. during menstrual period. Disorders during pregnancy and after.
6. Irregularities of circulation especially at climaxis ; e.g. flushes run upward and end in sweating and faintness ; hands and feet hot alternately.
7. Micturition ; frequent urging even at night ; urine turbid, offensive, leaving adhesive red sediment ; enuresis of children during first sleep. Old gonorrhoeas.
8. Chronic skin conditions ; yellow patches on face and body especially chest and abdomen ; chloasma ; ringworm in isolated spots especially on upper part of body ; itching, especially of genitalia, not > scratching. Easy sweating especially between folds of skin ; great falling of hair ; warty growths.
9. Sensation as of a ball in various organs (spasmodic contractions).
10. Lack of vital heat ; very chilly yet < stuffy rooms ; < before thunder ; sultry, moist weather ; < laundry work ; many symptoms > violent exertion ; < excitement.
Notes : Inimical to Lachesis and Pulsatilla.
A chronic of Nux Vomica.
A single dose often acts curatively for many weeks.
Keynote : Atony.
Dr. AG ClarkeSepia
by Dr. AG Clarke ( Author at Homeopathy Books Online )
Posted on September 9th, 2012 at 7:56 am.
Find more from homeopathic books on: Clarke's Decachords
Keywords: Anxiety, Chloasma, Climaxis, Constipation, Enuresis, Headache, Itching, Melancholy, Nausea, Obstinate, Pregnancy, Ringworm