1. Nervous, hysterical women ; dark hair and complexion ; pale, wan, drawn appearance ; disposition mild but easily excited ; quick in perception, rapid in execution (ctr. Puls.).
2. Rapid alternation of mental states (Crocus. Puls.) with underlying condition of melancholy ; moodiness ; full of silent grief, sits and sighs ; overdelicate conscience ; sometimes angry but never ill-natured (see Cham., Nux v.) ; > alone but does not resent consolation.
3. Mental and physical exhaustion from long-concentrated grief, from worry or strain ; from disappointed love, etc.
4. Hypersensitiveness, mental and physical ; easily offended, intolerant of pain, etc.
5. Spasmodic affections originating in mental causes, < touch ; chorea, convulsions, etc., in children, from fright, punishment or worms : globus hystericus.
6. Penetrating pains in small circumscribed spots, e.g. headache as of nail being driven in. > hard pressure. profuse urination, < movement.
7. Gastro-intestinal disorders ; capricious appetite ; sense of weakness and emptiness in stomach ; dislikes stimulants ; craves sour things ; prefers cold food.
8. Constipation with excessive ineffectual urging felt more in upper abdomen ; tendency to haemorrhoids and prolapse ; sharp stitches shoot up the rectum.
9. Great contradictoriness of symptoms, e.g. (a) grief excites laughter ; (b) “sore” throat > swallowing especially solids ; (c) sinking in stomach not > eating ; (d) piles > walking ; (e) cough < coughing ; (f) fevers with thirst only during chill ; (g) headache > lying on the painful spot.
10. Patient chilly < out of doors, > heat except stomach symptoms. ; < mental emotion, excitement ; stimulants especially coffee and tobacco ; all strong sensory stimuli ; pains gen. < movement.
Notes. Chronic : Natrum mur. or Zinc.
Keynotes : Contradictions.
Coffee and tobacco inimical to its action.
Dr. AG ClarkeIgnatia Amara
by Dr. AG Clarke ( Author at Homeopathy Books Online )
Posted on September 16th, 2012 at 8:21 am.
Find more from homeopathic books on: Clarke's Decachords
Keywords: Chorea, Constipation, Cough, Fever, Globus hystericus, Headache, Melancholy, Mood, Weakness