1. Acts best in persons with light-blue eyes, flaxen hair, fair skin ; blonde, red-cheeked, scrofulous girls (ctr. lodum).
2. Inflammatory diseases of respiratory tract especially upper part ; croupous conditions with much rattling of mucus during cough ; severe suffocative attacks ; spasmodic constriction of larynx ; hoarseness ; chest pains running upwards ; also obstinate coryzas.
3. Swelling and induration of glands especially in scrofulous children.
4. Diphtheria when membrane invades larynx ; extending upwards.
5. Modalities ; < evening to midnight ; < warm room ; < left side ; > at the seaside (lodum).