1. Dark persons of firm, fleshy fibre ; choleric temperament ; bilious and rheumatic tendencies.
2. Fevers. Patient lies like a log, < least movement, resents any interference or questioning ; at night, active delirium or broken sleep ; disturbed about immediately personal concerns ; vague, inconstant desires ; wants to go home (Act., Hyos,).
3. Inflammatory affections of serous membranes ; when effusion is about to occur ; also mastitis, mamma heavy, hard, hot, pale.
4. Sharp, stitching pains (Kali. carb.) < motion, > rest.
5. Excessive dryness of all mucous membranes from lips to rectum (resulting, e.g. in 6 and 7) ; secretions scanty.
6. Great thirst for copious draughts at long intervals (rev. Ars.).
7. Constipation ; stools large, hard, dark, dry, crumbling as if burnt ; also summer diarrhoeas from chill or overheating.
8. Gastric disorders ; foul, yellow-coated tongue, capricious appetite ; sensation as of stone in stomach (Nux V., Puls.).
9. Ailments chiefly right-sided (ovarian troubles often an exception).
10. Modalities ; < slightest motion of any kind ; at night especially about 9 p.m. or early a.m. even after good sleep ; < heat, especially sun heat ; > absolute rest, mental and physical ; cool air and applications ; lying on painful side.
Notes :Chronic remedies, Natr. mur., Alumina, Lycopod.
Useful in ailments from suppression of discharges and acute exanthema.
Dr. AG ClarkeBryonia alba
by Dr. AG Clarke ( Author at Homeopathy Books Online )
Posted on September 21st, 2012 at 3:23 pm.
Find more from homeopathic books on: Clarke's Decachords
Keywords: Constipation, Delirium, Exanthema, Fever, Itching, Mastitis