1. Acts best in sanguine, plethoric subjects.
2. Oversensitiveness to pain ; great fear of being touched or struck by anyone coming near, especially in gout and rheumatic conditions.
3. Bruised, sore feeling all over ; bed feels too hard (Bapt.).
4. Injuries especially to soft parts ; bruises (Ham.) ; strains (Rhus) ; concussions (Hyper.) ; results of injuries however remote ; haemorrhages especially of mechanical origin.
5. Typhoid states ; indifference or stupor ; answers questions correctly but unconsciousness immediately returns ; involuntary stool and urine or long interval between stools.
6. Discharges offensive ; eructations, flatus, etc., have odours as of “rotten eggs”
7. Head hot, body cold ; or heat of upper part of body ; also deathly coldness of forearm in children.
8. Tendency to small, painful boils one succeeding another.
9. Prevents suppuration and septicemia ; excellent after parturition especially if instrumental delivery.
10. Modalities ; < rest ; lying down ; > motion.
Keynote : Trauma.